Strawberry Lemonade Cake | Cake Recipe
Ingredients | Click On Product To Purchase Ingredient Online
½ cup canola oil
2 cups granulated sugar
2½ cups fresh strawberry puree (about 1lb strawberries)
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil and sugar until combined.
- Add strawberry puree, eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and slowly stir just until moistened. Spread batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, just until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar, cream and lemon zest and beat until smooth. Gradually add lemon juice and beat just until desired consistency is reached.
*This cake can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 2 days, or stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.