Sticky Banana Walnut Toffee Pudding Cake | Holiday Recipe
Ingredients | Click On Product To Purchase Ingredient Online
1¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter
⅔ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
⅔ cup butterscotch chips
½ cup chopped walnuts
Toffee caramel sauce:
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup heavy cream
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup heavy cream, whipped for topping
sliced bananas, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand-type mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the eggs and then the bananas and flavor.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until just well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the chips and walnuts.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cake tests done with a toothpick stuck in the center of the cake. Let cool on a rack in the pan.
- Make the caramel sauce: Combine the butter, heavy cream and brown sugar in a small heavy saucepan; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil gently over medium low heat until mixture is thickened, about 8 minutes. Preheat broiler. Spoon about ⅓ cup of the sauce over the pudding. Spread evenly on top. Place pudding under the broiler until the topping is bubbly, about 1 minute. Serve immediately spooned into dessert bowls. Drizzle with toffee sauce and top with sliced bananas and spoonful of whipped cream.