Rocky Road Chocolate Cookies | Holiday Cookies
Ingredients | Click On Product To Purchase Ingredient Online
2 (4 ounce) semi-sweet baking chocolate bars, chopped
1 cup flour
⅓ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup walnut pieces
1 cup mini marshmallows, divided
1 cup milk chocolate bars (about 3 1.5 ounce bars), chopped, divided
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate bars in the microwave and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine four, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together. set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars together for 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Mix in the melted chocolate. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined, scraping the sides as needed.
- Use a wooden spoon or a spatula to mix in the walnuts, ½ cup marshmallows, and ½ cup of the chopped milk chocolate bars.
- Cover dough and refrigerate at least 2 hours. If chilled longer, let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Scoop dough and form into (24) 1½ inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on pan. Bake for 11 minutes and then press 3 marshmallows into the tops of each. Return to oven and cook for 1 more minute. Press in a couple more chocolate chunks and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Then move to a cooling rack.