Reduced Sugar* Pumpkin Pie Pancakes | Thanksgiving Recipe
Ingredients | Click On Product To Purchase Ingredient Online
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup canned pure pumpkin purée
1/3 cup Whole Earth® Baking Blend, divided
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp canola oil
2 cups plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup toasted pecans
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin purée, 1/4 cup Whole Earth® Baking Blend, melted butter and vanilla; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Let stand for 15 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Heat large, nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat; brush skillet lightly with some of the oil. Cook pancakes in 4 batches, pouring 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into skillet, leaving space in between. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on top; flip over and cook for about 3 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown, wiping skillet in between batches and brushing with more oil as needed.
- Meanwhile, stir yogurt with remaining Whole Earth Baking Blend; dollop over pancakes. Sprinkle with pecans and dust with cinnamon.
- Serve with a medley of berries, sautéed pears or plums.
- Freeze pancakes individually in an airtight container and reheat in the toaster for a quick breakfast or snack.
*reduced sugar by using Whole Earth Baking Blend in place of traditional sugar