French Silk Pie Bars Recipe
Ingredients | Click On Product To Purchase Ingredient Online
1 sleeve (9 sheets) chocolate graham crackers, crushed
2 Tablespoons sugar
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
4 ounces, weight Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
1 cup Salted Butter, Softened
1½ cup Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
4 whole Eggs
fresh whipped cream for topping and chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch pan with aluminum foil so that you can easily remove and cut the bars. In a medium sized bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the 8×8 inch pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let the crust completely cool.
- To make the french silk filling: In a small microwave safe bowl melt the unsweetened baking chocolate 30 seconds at a time until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter and powdered sugar about 2 minutes until creamy. Add the melted chocolate mixture and beat until incorporated. Add the vanilla.
- Using the whisk attachment add one egg at a time beating 5 minutes on medium speed between each addition. You should be beating for a total of 20 minutes.
- Pour over the chocolate graham cracker crust and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.