Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles | Christmas Recipe
Ingredients | Click On Product To Purchase Ingredient Online
1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1¾ cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1½ teaspoon cream of tartar
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅓ cup granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl and use an electric mixer) and beat until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until light and creamy and well-combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until completely combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to chill for at laest 30 minutes.
- Once dough has nearly finished chilling, preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare your topping by stirring together sugar and cinnamon until well-mixed.
- Remove chilled dough from refrigerator and scoop by 1 ½ Tablespoon-sized portions. Roll into a smooth ball between your palms and roll through cinnamon/sugar topping mixture until completely coated.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet at least 2” apart and bake on 350F for 10-13 minutes.
- Cookies may still seem very soft in the center when finished baking, allow to cool completely on cookie sheet where they will finish baking without becoming overdone and dry.