Chocolate Chip Banana Cake | Holiday Recipe
Ingredients | Click On Product To Purchase Ingredient Online
3 large overripe ripe Bananas
¾ cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
¾ cup Sugar
½ cup packed Brown Sugar
3 large Eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1½ cups Greek Yogurt, at room temperature
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
½ teaspoon ground Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Salt
1½ teaspoons semi sweet Chocolate Chips
For the Ganache:
.5 pounds Chocolate Chips
1 cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and line a 9X13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Peel the bananas and add them to a large bowl. Use a fork to lightly mash the bananas.
- Add butter and sugar to the bowl and lightly beat with a hand mixer till light and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat till combined.
- Pour in the greek yogurt and beat the mixture. It’ll start looking a little grainy but don’t worry everything will come together.
- Place a sieve on top of the bowl and add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Sieve it into the bowl, and mix the entire mixture with a spatula till just combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 50 minutes or till a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat the heavy cream for a minute or so in the microwave till hot but not boiling. Pour it over the chocolate chips and let it sit for a minute. Whisk the chocolate and cream together till smooth.
- Pour it over the cake and spread it evenly on the cake. Refrigerate till ready to serve. If the cake is cold, let it sit outside for 15 minute to let it come to room temperature before serving.