Banana Coffee Cake | Cake Recipe
Ingredients | Click On Product To Purchase Ingredient Online
Banana Coffee Cake
¾ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
¾ cup sugar
3 very ripe bananas, mashed (1 ½ cups)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten (room temperature preferred)
1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons sour cream
11/3 cup all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup powdered sugar
2-3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease and flour a 9×9 baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl and use an electric mixer). Beat until well-combined, then stir in mashed bananas.
- Add eggs, stirring well after each addition, and then add sour cream and vanilla extract and stir well.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to wet, stirring until completely combined (be sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl). I prefer to do this with a spatula to avoid over-mixing the batter.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared 9×9 pan. Prepare Streusel.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized bowl on 10 second increments (stirring between) until just melted (you don’t want it to be too hot).
- Use a fork to whisk together your flour, sugars, and cinnamon. Pour melted butter over mixture and use a fork to stir until combined (mixture should be crumbly).
- Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter.
- Bake on 350F for 35 minutes, or until centers spring back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with few moist crumbs or clean.
- Allow to cool before drizzling with glaze (if using) and slicing and serving.
- If desired, make glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over cooled banana coffee cake.